Approved under several Canadian GHG reporting requirements
(TÜV SÜD America Inc.: Peabody, MA) -- TÜV SÜD America announces that its Industry Service division is approved as a verification body to provide verification services under several greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting programs in Canada.
As an ANSI-accredited verification body, TÜV SÜD offers third-party GHG services in line with:
• Alberta’s Climate Change and Emissions Management Act
• Alberta’s Offset Credit System
• British Columbia’s Greenhouse Gas Reduction Act
• Ontario’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting Regulation Act
Third-party verification is a component of these programs with the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia requiring GHG verification in 2011.
TÜV SÜD America’s GHG experts have experience in major North American programs such as:
• The Climate Registry
• The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
• The Massachusetts GHG Reporting Program
• California’s AB32
• International programs such as the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme and the Clean Development Mechanism
“Adding Canada’s reporting programs to the scope of our accreditation allows us to better serve our clients throughout North America who may be affected by these programs,” says Paul Wierl, director of industry services at TÜV SÜD America.
For more information about TÜV SÜD America’s greenhouse gas services, visit www.tuvamerica.com/ghg.