(AMACOM: New York) -- Most people learn best through experience. Yet new managers are often tossed onto the front lines with absolutely no experience handling the toughest challenges they’ll face—people problems.
The Management Training Tool Kit, by Alan Clardy, Ph.D. (AMACOM, 2012), includes all the tools you need to prepare your managers for anything. It supplies real-life case studies and analysis exercises for troubleshooting problems such as plummeting morale, interpersonal conflict, decreased productivity, disruptive employees, sexual harassment claims, and more.
Read an excerpt from this book here.
This innovative training guide features:
• 35 succinct yet nuanced case studies that examine common challenges
• Probing discussion questions that help pinpoint core issues
• Practical solutions that can be put to use resolving problems
• Role-playing exercises that bring the case studies alive
• Guidelines that help trainers lead with skill and accuracy
New managers will make mistakes. But The Management Training Tool Kit will help them overcome obstacles with skill and confidence.
View the table of contents here.
Alan Clardy, Ph.D., is a professor of psychology and the director of the Human Resource Development Graduate Degree Program at Towson University, as well as the author of many books and articles on HR issues.