(Gartner: Stamford, CT) -- The Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2012 is the premier conference and meeting place for IT and business executives responsible for creating, implementing, and managing a proactive and comprehensive IT strategy for information security, risk management, compliance, business continuity management, IT disaster recovery, and business resiliency.
The summit features five in-depth programs and more than 150 sessions, broken out into nine virtual tracks and five vertical industry tracks, which make it easy to follow key trends and hot topics, including cloud and security, advanced persistent threats, secure mobile applications, risk management and compliance, identity and access management, and crisis and incident management.
The event features:
• Five distinct programs covering security, risk management and compliance, business continuity management, the role of the chief information security officer (CISO), and the business of IT security and risk
• More than 140 drill-down sessions presented by 40 Gartner analysts
• Analyst-moderated user roundtables, workshops, user case studies, and workshops and solution-provider sessions
• New research, trend updates, best practices, magic quadrants, and long-range scenarios
• Continuing professional education where you can earn CPE credits toward ISC2, ISACA, and DRII and IAPP certification programs
• A complimentary invitational program available to a limited number of qualified CISOs and CROs.
• “Strategy into Action—Road Maps to Secure the Enterprise” presented by Andrew Walls, the research vice president at Gartner
• “Mastermind Interview” with Michael Dell, the chairman of the board of directors and CEO of Dell Inc.
• “CyberSecurity: A View from the White House” presented by Howard Schmidt, the cybersecurity coordinator at the White House
• “Information Security and Technology in General: Problem Solved. You’re Welcome” presented by John Hodgman, actor, author, humorist, and The Daily Show correspondent
• “Closing Insights and a Review of AHA Moments” presented by Ray Wagner, the managing vice president at Gartner
For the complete keynote session descriptions, click here.
The latest security and risk management tools will be demonstrated by more than 100 companies that will be exhibiting at the conference. A listing of current sponsors is available on the exhibitors page here.
For complete event details, visit the Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit website.