(CEESI: Nunn, CO) -- The Colorado Engineering Experiment Station (CEESI) is offering a series of flow-measurement training courses in April 2012 in San Antonio and Houston, Texas. The classes cover a variety of flow measurement types aimed at technicians and engineers.
April 17–19, 2012, in San Antonio, Texas
This course is geared for technicians and is designed to be as practical as possible, including methods of choosing the appropriate meters, auditing, and checking the appropriate secondary instrumentation.
• Review of general flow principles
• Appropriate standards
• General installation effects
• Differences between gas and liquid metering
• Calibration and traceability
• Coriolis, turbine, ultrasonic, positive displacement (PD) meters
Gas Measurement Auditing and Troubleshooting Training Course
April 17–19 2012, in San Antonio, Texas
This course is a combination of classroom lecture with hands-on exercises.
• Volume and energy corrections and adjustments
• Industry measurement standards
• Meter installation effects
• Field measurement issues
• Gas meter lab calibrations
• Orifice, ultrasonic, turbine, coriolis
• Gas measurement uncertainty
Wet Gas Measurement
April 18-19, 2012, in San Antonio, Texas
This course will build a solid understanding of the hydrodynamic behavior and provide a comprehensive review and explanation of the current technology concerning wet-gas metering.
• What is wet-gas flow?
• What does wet-gas flow look like?
• Single-phase nondifferential pressure meters wet-gas flow performance
• Single-phase differential pressure (DP) meters wet-gas flow performance
• Accessories for single-phase DP meters with correction factors
• Wet-gas metering generic concepts
• Practical wet-gas metering problems
Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Flowmeters
April 18–19, 2012, in Houston, Texas
Applicable to the senior technician or engineer, this course provides comprehensive coverage of this well-established measurement technology.
• Basic meter operation and long-term performance
• Installation effects
• American Gas Association Report 9
• Meter station design
• Field monitoring and diagnostics
• Electronic flow measurement
• Hands-on user interface
For more information, visit the CEESI website.